Earn Money Just by Clicking. Register Here

Monday, May 4, 2009

the TEXT...

the phone's loud ring woke me up this evening. it was past nine and my stomach's craving for food. i got up and went to the kitchen, wondering what's for dinner. i opened the casserole's lid and saw a very common dish cooked by my brother; adobong sitaw! I lost my appetite.

I took some pieces of tofu and made my way to the living room. I just watch TV then Suddenly my cellphone beeps...

Jigger; 10.00PM: Teng and Tux, are u free on May 06, 9am?

Wondering about the text, i logged in my messenger and saw James online. i buzzed him and asked what's with Jigger's text. James doesn't know. We're both skeptic about it. Jigger don't usually asks us out that early in the morning.

So i told James to ask Jigger what's on Wednesday. I cannot text him coz i don't have credits. While waiting Jigger to respond, James assumed that he has something to confess. But I doubt it.

Beep...

Jigger; 10.26PM: Teng, reply asap!

My curiousity began to rise. I quickly logged in my Chikka ID and texted to confirm him that i am free on the 6th. I also asked him silly if he's going to propose to his lover and we are invited to witness that special day.

We've been always texting like we're just fooling around. Saying some things that are always funny.

Beep...

Jigger; 10.33PM: there's a secret wedding. don't tell anybody. Are u in?

I replied yes.

Still wondering about what's on 6th of May, my thoughts became more playful when my cellphone beeped again...

Jigger; 10.42PM: Do u have your valid ID and a 2x2 picture? Pls bring it on wednesday.

"Yes, i still have my antique school ID and i'll just pass by in a photo shop to have my photo of myself taken." I replied seriously and hit another joke. "What's that for? Are we going to join the audition or something?"

Beep...


Jigger; 10.46PM: Tux and Teng, I'll just explain it when you two get here. I just need your confirmation. I have Bai and Britney in the waiting list if ever you two are not free. Don't forget your valid ID and 2x2 pics. I love you both. Prepare yourselves.

And there's another text. Beep...

Jigger, 10:47PM: woi, promise Tux and Teng, it's not a joke. 10-26-84, is that correct Teng? How bout u Tux, when is your bday?

I corrected him. 27th is my birthday. Lost for thoughts, James suddenly buzzed and asked me if I got the boss' request. And foolishly said, "Yes. And we're going to practice Beyonce's single ladies dance steps tomorrow. You're gonna be in the middle and the choreographer."

James made a loud laugh. "Fuck you! :))".

"I dont have any idea about his plan. What do you reckon?" I said.

"I dont know either. I think I should bring 1K pocket money. We might go to Puerto Princesa Palawan. :))" He replied.

Beep...

Jigger; 10:49PM: Teng and Tux, Can u sleep over here tomorrow evening of May 5. So that on the 6th, we're set together? Power of Three?

I knew Jigger know me so well that's why he requested it. I'm always late whenever we have our gimmicks and trips. My thoughts grew bigger. Why he insists that we must get there on time. This must be serious.

"Tomorrow, i'll just pass by. I'm not going to spend the evening there. I had to go home." James said.

Thinking that i might be late on Wednesday. I decided to spend the night in Jigger's place. "You know me." I added.

"Ok. ok. I'll just see you there then." He replied.

Beep...

Jigger; 10.51PM: Teng and Tux, don't tell anyone ok? It's prohibited.

How are we suppose to tell anyone? We don't have the slightest idea on what will happen on the 6th. I told myself.

The intense of the curiousity and excitement grew larger when i read the next text:

Jigger; 10.55PM: We must get there on time. 9AM sharp. Bring presentable clothes, no jacket! Money for lunch, if ever. This is serious, I swear! You haven't thought that we're going to Baguio last year, have you? This time, its a surprise for the two of u. mwah!

Yes, we've been to Baguio, August 2008. Jigger just texted me to pack my clothes enough for 3 or 4 days. But that time, he told me the plan although he never mentioned who will pay the expenses. But how about on Wednesday? There's no packing our clothes, just prepare presentable ones. And we have no idea where we are going.

"He's asking us NOT to discriminate him". James suddenly popped out again on my window.

"Why?" I wondered.

"I dunno. He told me he's getting crazy with his excitement." He replied.

"What's that all about?" Still confused.

"There are cocktail drinks and a lot of girls. What should we drink?" He mentioned.

"Scotch on the rocks!" I said. The only drink i know beside beers.

"Crotch on our laps! It's the best." James suggested.

I've never heard and tasted that drink before but i ignored it. I'm still thinking about Jigger's invitation.

"Is there any party? baptismal? or a wedding?" I guessed.

"I really don't know." James replied. "I'm asking him but he answers non-sense. I don't know what will I wear. Reminding me not to wear slippers."

"He also told me to look presentable." I added. "I think we're not going to a party." I assumed once i remember Jigger's text to bring extra money for lunch.

"I think that will be the moment he will walk on the ramp wearing BRIEFS!" James replied.

Shocked for what James have said and before i ask him what is that for, he signed out the his messenger and gone.

Beep...

Jigger; 11.05PM: Tux and Teng, sleep early tomorrow. We must be superfresh. Go for the Gold! Hope we reach this "watch out". I'm getting excited, promise. I'm controlling myself. It's hard for me not to share how nervous I am right now. I will reveal it tomorrow evening. There's no holding back. This is final.

Excited... confused... nervous... still have no idea what is on May 6. I wonder what will happen on Wednesday. I'll just do what Jigger wants. Tired to think.









No comments:

Post a Comment